MPH@GW #YogaMatters Blogging Contest
Enter the MPH@GW #YogaMatters Blogging Contest this September for a chance to win $500 to the store or studio of your choice.
Plenty has been written about the mental, physical and emotional rehabilitative effects of yoga. But now we want you to tell us: How has yoga affected your health?
In honor of National Yoga Awareness Month this September, MPH@GW is hosting a blogging contest to help celebrate and acknowledge how yoga helps us lead happier lives by improving our health. Maybe yoga has helped alleviate a nagging physical injury or manage chronic pain. Maybe it proved more useful than therapy in the face of mental illness, or it was crucial to your rehabilitation after an accident. Maybe it helped you through a difficult pregnancy. Maybe it has provided an answer to everyday stress and anxiety. Maybe it helped you lose weight, eat better or improve your body image. Maybe yoga has simply made you happier and healthier. Whatever your story, we want to hear it — because yoga is another example of how public health starts with you.
At the end of the month, we’ll select first, second and third prize winners who will win $500, $300 and $100, respectively, to the yoga store or studio of their choice. Eligible entries will be featured on the MPH@GW blog, and winners will be interviewed in a spotlight series following the contest. The blog through which you submit your entry does not have to be dedicated solely to speaking about yoga — just the post you are submitting for consideration.
The contest will begin on Monday, September 1, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. EST and will end on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m EST. Entries received after Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST will not be considered.
How to Participate:
- Publish a post on your personal or work blog that discusses how yoga has affected your personal health. This could be your physical, mental, emotional or spiritual health. We encourage you to keep the length of your blog post to no more than 1,000 words.
- Include a link back to our blog campaign description — http://publichealthonline.gwu.edu/yoga-matters-invitation — so that your readers can learn how they can share their yoga journey, too.
- Place the “MPH@GW #YogaMatters Blogging Contest” badge on your post or site using the html code provided below.
- Email a link to your submission to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name, age and city of residency.
- Share your blog post for National Yoga Awareness Month on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #YogaMatters or #NYAMBC.
- Check out our National Yoga Awareness Month Roundup to read, engage and follow bloggers participating in the campaign.
Embed this Graphic on Your Site: