Health Care Management and Strategy
Despite all of the technology and equipment available in modern health care organizations, health care delivery is and will remain a distinctly human enterprise. This module focuses on the fundamentals of human behavior and interpersonal communication and how these variables interact within a health care organization. Students learn how to manage teams and lead organizational change, and they will study how an organization’s mission, vision and values guide its long-term direction. This course provides both a foundational understanding of business and an enduring sense of how good management combined with thoughtful strategy can bring about profound, positive change.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Improve skills in enhancing team performance, problem solving and decision making.
- Recognize barriers to organizational change and identify methods to overcome resistance to change.
- Articulate strategic problems and challenges facing health care organizations.
- Use theories of organizational behavior to understand variation in diverse cultures, communities and organizations.
- Identify the elements of a successful marketing plan for health care organizations.